Second case of COVID-19 confirmed at Côte-St-Luc seniors residence

Second case of COVID-19 confirmed at Côte-St-Luc seniors residence


On March 17, the woman felt ill and was taken by ambulance to hospital, where she tested positive for the coronavirus.

All residents of the King David have been confined to their individual apartments – the facility has 104 rental units – and Montreal public health chief Dr, Mylène Drouin said last week that the other wedding guests had been asked to go into isolation.

A number of experts have said that elderly people, who often have underlying cardiac and respiratory as well as health conditions including diabetes, are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19.

Last weekend an outbreak of COVID-19 was detected in a residence for seniors in Sherbrooke, Les Résidences Soleil Manoir Sherbrooke. Nine residents have the illness caused by the novel coronavirus and six are in hospital, Dr. Alain Poirier, public health director for the region, told a press conference on Tuesday. One is in intensive care. As well, five employees of the Manoir Sherbrooke with symptoms resembling those of COVID-19 are in isolation at home awaiting results of testing, he said.

Quebec’s first COVID-19-linked fatality, last Wednesday, was in a woman living in a residence for seniors in Lanaudière. Subsequently there were three more COVID-19-related deaths among residents of the same facility, the Eva residence in the town of Lavaltrie. On Tuesday it was reported that COVID-19 has been diagnosed in three more residents.

As of Tuesday at 1 p.m., there were 1,013 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the province, 439 in Montreal.

[email protected]



Source link